The U.S. Embassy in Lithuania is excited to announce the Ambassadors Fund for Summer Work Travel (SWT) Scholarships! This is a unique opportunity for university leaders from across Lithuania to participate in the popular BridgeUSA Summer Work Travel Program in 2022, thereby developing their intercultural competencies, gaining professional experience in the United States, improving their English language skills, and sharing their own culture with Americans. The scholarship covers various costs, including program fees for the Summer Work Travel program, round-trip economy airfare, sickness and accident insurance, and the $160 MRV visa fee. You can find more information about the program, what is does and does not cover, and the application form at the Ambassadors Fund for SWT website: https://www.swtscholarships.org/lithuania
During the summer of 2022, Ambassadors Fund Scholarship recipients will travel to the United States for up to four months during their university summer break. They will be matched with host employers in seasonal communities throughout the United States, and will work in seasonal, entry-level jobs with a high level of interaction with American colleagues and guests. Recipients will meet, work, live with and learn from both people of the United States and other international students while sharing daily experiences on the BridgeUSA Summer Work Travel Program.
The application is open now and until December 1 for university students from Lithuania – all eligible students are encouraged to apply! The U.S. Embassy in Lithuania particularly encourages youth hailing from regional Lithuania or from diverse ethnic, linguistic, and socio-economic backgrounds to apply. To be eligible for the program, you must:
- Be a citizen of Lithuania.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 28.
- Have never participated in the Summer Work Travel Program (other U.S. Department of State exchange programs are okay).
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing studies at an accredited post-secondary, classroom-based, academic institution physically located outside of the United States and have successfully completed at least one semester, or equivalent, of post-secondary academic study.
- Be sufficiently proficient in English to successfully interact in an English-speaking environment verified by a mandatory and documented video conference interview.
- Have the intention to participate in the cultural aspects of the Summer Work Travel Program and are enthusiastic, motivated, and mature.
- Be flexible and willing to go to any job type or location in the United States as assigned by the Ambassadors Fund scholarship program.
The Ambassadors Fund for SWT Scholarships Lithuania are administered in partnership with CIEE and InterExchange, two U.S. Department of State designated sponsor organizations for the BridgeUSA Summer Work Travel Program. If you want to find out more about this program and apply, visit the Ambassadors Fund for SWT website: https://www.swtscholarships.org/lithuania