Fulbright Graduate Student Program for Academic Year 2020-2021
Application Deadline: June 1, 2019
The Fulbright Program is sponsored by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State and administered under policy guidelines established by the William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board.
The Fulbright Graduate Student Program offers grants for Lithuanian citizens who intend to enter graduate (master’s or doctoral level) degree programs or are current PhD students who intend to do research at U.S. universities in fields of interest to Lithuania.
Eligibility requirements for all applicants:
- you must be a citizen of Lithuania;
- you must possess an undergraduate (bachelor’s) university degree;
- you must have clearly defined study goals and career objectives;
- you must have an excellent academic record and be proficient in English as appropriate for your proposed course of study in the U.S.;
- you must live, study and/or work in Lithuania at the time of the application and during the affiliation process; and
- you must not have had an academic experience in the U.S. within the last five years.
Online application forms are available at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2020
There is no requirement to register with the Embassy before applying to the program (in the application mark “Yes”).
The following must be included in the online application:
- three (3) letters of reference;
- official academic transcripts in Lithuanian and in English;
- copies of diplomas; and
- a copy of official TOEFL results, if available.
For more information about the program please feel free to contact the American Embassy Public Affairs Section at 2665430, or e-mail Rasa Baukuvienė at BaukuvieneR@state.gov.