Last updated: [December 14, 2022]
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are there COVID-19-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No.
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No.
- COVID-19 PCR and antigen tests are widely available for U.S. citizens in Lithuania. Test results are readily available within one calendar day.
- COVID-19 tests may be done in most private clinics in Lithuania. The cost starts at around 80 euros and U.S. citizens are expected to cover the cost of the test.
- Rapid COVID-19 tests can also be done at the Vilnius, Kaunas, and Klaipeda airports. Please see here for testing options and scheduling a test at the airport: https://www.kraujolaboratorija.lt/en/online-booking/online-booking-vilnius-airport-covid-tests/#kainos
- Search the list of clinics where U.S. citizens can obtain a COVID-19 test here: https://nvsc.lrv.lt/en/information-on-covid-19/for-those-who-have-been-exposed-to-someone-with-covid-19/private-laboratories-for-testing-for-covid-19
- COVID-19 test results are usually delivered via email or text message.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in Lithuania for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes.
- NOTE: Vaccination services in Lithuania are available only to U.S. citizens who reside in Lithuania and/or who are insured with compulsory health insurance or through the state budget. Vaccines are not available for U.S. citizen visitors.
- Information about vaccinations for foreigners in Lithuania is available at https://koronastop.lrv.lt/en/vaccination
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccinesin the United States.
- List any local resources that can provide additional useful information.
- Government of Lithuania.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Ministry of Health.
- National Preparedness for Emergencies in Lithuania.
- National Public Health Center.
- Lithuanian Department of Statistics.
- COVID-19 Virtual Map and Statistics.
- Koronastop– All official information on COVID-19 in one place.
- For other COVID-19-related questions, the Lithuanian national emergency number is 1808.
- Other links:
- CDC page on COVID-19
- state.gov– Country Information and Travel Advisory page.