Last updated: [09/03/20]
- The Lithuanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs is providing regularly updated information in English at: https://urm.lt/default/en/important-covid19
- For the most current numbers of COVID-19 infections in Lithuania, please visit the Ministry of Health’s web page at http://koronastop.lrv.lt/en/.
- You can reach the Lithuanian government’s COVID-19 hotline by calling 1808, or via email at email@example.com. You can also contact the specialists from the National Public Health Center at the Ministry of Health at +370 618 79 984 during regular work hours, from 8:00 to 17:00. The following web pages also provide important COVID-19 information for Lithuania: https://nvsc.lrv.lt/en/ and https://koronastop.lrv.lt/en/.
- As of August 1, 2020, the Lithuanian government has again made wearing masks mandatory in enclosed public areas.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Currently, U.S. citizens are prohibited from entering Lithuania.
- Every week, the Government of Lithuania publishes a list of affected countries with a COVID-19 incidence rate of more than 16 cases per 100,000 population over the last 14 days. The list includes countries mostly outside the European Union and the European Economic Area (EEA). The entry of foreigners into the Republic of Lithuania from those countries shall be limited to exceptional cases and those entering Lithuania will be subject to 14-day self-isolation.
- The list of exceptions to the prohibition for foreigners to enter the Republic of Lithuania can be found here https://urm.lt/default/en/important-covid19.
- The quarantine regime has been lifted as of 16 June. The national state of emergency and the tertiary (absolute preparedness) level of the civil protection system will stay in place until further decision.
- Temporary internal border control and checks for persons entering and leaving the Republic of Lithuania at the internal border of the European Union have been extended from 17 June 2020 to 14 September 2020. Checks will be carried out at the international airports and in Klaipėda State Seaport. Passports of persons arriving by land will not be checked.
- Currently, U.S. citizens are prohibited from entering Lithuania. If a U.S. citizen is qualified for an exception and is granted entry by the Government of Lithuania, they will be required to undergo a 14-day quarantine.
- Please reach out to the COVID-19 hotline at +370 5 236 2444 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are a number of commercial flights operating in Lithuania. Please check the Vilnius Airport webpage for more information: https://www.vilnius-airport.lt/en/. International flight options are also available from Kaunas and Palanga airports.
- We urge U.S. citizens wishing to depart Lithuania to contact airlines and ferry companies directly to confirm flight and ferry information and make arrangements for departure.
- Please see our U.S. Travelers in Europe page for additional information on travel from the Schengen area.
- Public transportation is operating in Lithuania. By the August 1, 2020 order of the Lithuanian government, all persons using public transport must wear masks.
Fines for Non-Compliance:
- As of August 1, the Lithuanian government has again required masks in enclosed public areas and as of August 21, masks are mandatory at all events, both indoors and outdoors. Persons found not to be in compliance with the mask requirement may face fines.
- The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Vilnius is available to assist U.S. citizens. For contact information for U.S. citizens, please see here: https://lt.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
- As of July 15, U.S. Embassy Vilnius is resuming certain immigrant and certain non-immigrant visa services. For more information, please visit our visa portion of the Embassy’s website: https://lt.usembassy.gov/usembvilnius-resuming-certain-visa-services/
- Government of Lithuania
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Health
- National Preparedness for Emergencies in Lithuania
- National Public Health Center
- Lithuanian Department of Statistics
- COVID-19 Virtual Map and Statistics
- Koronastop – All official information on COVID-19 in one place.
- For all the questions on Coronavirus, the emergency hotline number is 1808.
- Other links: