Locations: Cathedral Square, Vilniaus Rotuse, Gedimino st, Basanaviciaus st. and front of the Embassy.
Event: Demonstrations expected to take place today June 5 beginning at 4 pm. Multiple groups intend to protest over police violence and racism. Online reports state that there may be over 1,000 participants. Host nation law enforcement have notified the U.S. Embassy of multiple reports of counter demonstrations, including possibly by groups known to espouse extremist views.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep a low profile
- Notify friends and family of your safety
U.S. citizens may monitor English-language Lithuanian media at the following:
- Lithuanian National Broadcaster https://www.lrt.lt/en/news-in-english
- Delfi English https://en.delfi.lt
- Baltic Times https://www.baltictimes.com
- U.S. Embassy Vilnius, Lithuania
Akmenu g. 6, Vilnius, Lithuania 03106
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(370) (5) 266 5500
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Lithuania Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter