Demonstration Alert – U.S. Embassy Vilnius, Lithuania (September 15, 2022)
Location: In front of the Embassy of the Czech Republic, Birutes g. 16, Zverynas neighborhood, Vilnius, Lithuania.
Event: A demonstration in support of Polish minority schools in Lithuania will take place on September 15, 2022 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in front of the Embassy of the Czech Republic.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area of the demonstration.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Lithuania Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Lithuania, located at Akmenu 6, Vilnius, Lithuania LT-03106, at +(370) (5) 266-5600, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(370) (5) 266 5500.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).