The Alumni Initiative
The U.S. Embassy in Vilnius and the U.S. Department of State support a number of exchange programs. Since 1992, the U.S. Government (USG) has sent about 1000 Lithuanian exchange participants to the U.S., and about 400 Americans have come to Lithuania to study, teach and conduct research. These people-to-people exchanges enhance mutual understanding between the U.S. and Lithuania.
Who are Alumni?
Participants who have completed the following USG-funded exchange programs are considered alumni:
- International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP or VolVis/IVLP on Demand)
- Fulbright Exchange Program
- Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellowship Initiative
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program
- Edmund S. Muskie Fellowship
- Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI)
- International Writing Program
- Teaching Excellence Awards Program (TEA)
- Sport Exchanges
Participants of the following privately sponsored exchange programs are also considered alumni:
- Baltic American Freedom Foundation (BAFF)
- Lithuanian Youth Leaders (LYL)
- Summer Work and Travel
We encourage all exchange program alumni to join the US-LT Alumni Association as a way to maintain contact with the U.S. Embassy and to network with other alumni. Other opportunities for alumni include:
- Join the State Department’s International Exchange Alumni, a global network of exchange program alumni from around the world
- Apply for project funding from the U.S. State Department
- Participate in Embassy events and programs (conferences, workshops, receptions, roundtables)
- Develop professional skills through workshops and seminars
- Participate in mentoring and volunteering programs
For all questions regarding Lithuania’s Alumni Initiative, please contact:
Inga Sidrys, Alumni Coordinator
Phone: +370 5 266 5444
U.S.-LT Alumni Association
The U.S.-LT Alumni Association unites exchange alumni of USG and privately sponsored exchange programs. The Association is a strong and dynamic alumni community which contributes to meaningful changes in the Lithuanian civil society. Members of the Association represent a wide range of professional and educational backgrounds: government and non-governmental institutions, specialists of science, business, education, media, and culture. The association was established in 2011. Since then, the mission of the association is to strengthen Lithuanian civil society by sharing information, expertise and values, mobilizing resources and enriching relationships between Lithuania and the United States. Members of the association are dedicated to sustain a long term alumni activism and cultivate a culture of “giving back”.
For more information about the Association or to register as a member, go to: http://usltalumni.com
In 2015, the U.S.-LT Alumni Association elected Danguolė Kiznienė (firstname.lastname@example.org) as their President.
International Exchange Alumni - Online Global Community for Alumni
International Exchange Alumni https://alumni.state.gov is an interactive networking website for past and current participants of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs. Membership to this exclusive online alumni community offers:
- $33 billion worth of grant opportunities;
- Professional development resources;
- Access to 20,000 online magazines and newspapers;
- A network of 100,000 alumni around the world;
- Information of the latest research in your field;
- Opportunity to share your experience with a global audience;
- Alumni success stories, perspectives, and ideas;
- Option to upload your own events and programs.