Application Deadline: March 31, 2019.
The Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (TEA) provides secondary school teachers of:
- English as a Foreign Language,
- social studies,
with unique opportunities to develop expertise in their subject areas, enhance their teaching skills and increase their knowledge about the United States.
TEA consists of a six‐week non‐degree, non‐credit customized academic program including seminars on new teaching methodologies, curriculum development, lesson planning, and instructional technology. Participants will also participate in a practicum in a U.S. secondary school near the host university to work closely with U.S. teachers and teach and present to U.S. students. Cultural enrichment, mentoring, and support will be provided throughout the program.
The international participants will travel to the United States in two cohorts of each in spring or fall 2018. Upon returning home, TEA program alumni are eligible to apply for small grants for essential teaching materials, follow‐on training for other teachers, collaborative projects between schools in their home country and the United States, and other activities that build on their U.S. experience.
The TEA fellowship is fully funded and provides:
- J‐1 visa support
- A pre‐departure orientation held in participant’s home country
- Round‐trip airfare to and within the U.S
- A Welcome Orientation in Washington, D.C.
- Academic program fees
- Housing (generally shared with other program fellows) and meals
- Accident and sickness medical insurance coverage
- Transportation to the teaching practicum school (if necessary)
- A daily allowance for meals and incidentals during the academic program
- A book/professional development allowance
- A baggage/shipping allowance (domestic and international)
- A Closing Workshop in Washington, D.C.
- The opportunity to apply for alumni small grants
Interested teachers must apply online at https://oas.irex.org/fulbrighttea
Application deadline: March 31, 2019. All your questions should be send to BaukuvieneR@state.gov