Country clearances are required for DOD-sponsored visits and visits involving classified information regardless of sponsor. Please follow the guidelines listed for Lithuania in the DOD Foreign Clearance Guide (DOD 4500.54-G), Europe, at https://www.fcg.pentagon.mil/.
The Defense Attache Office will process all DOD country clearance requests. Message address is USDAO VILNIUS LH. ODC LITHUANIA is the granting authority for all ODC-related visits. Please include USODC VILNIUS LH as an addressee on all messages.
Although not a complete list, requests for country clearance must include:
- Requesting unit or facility.
- Unit(s) or facility(s) to be visited (to include the embassy).
- Dates of visits (arrival and departure).
- Purpose of visit.
- Anticipated level of classified material to be involved.
- Particulars of visitors, to include full name, SSN, passport number with date and place of issue, date and place of birth, security clearance level and date of issue.
- Administrative and logistical assistance requested. Provide credit card information if requesting lodging or transportation assistance.
- POC name and number in Lithuania.
- Originator POC name, phone number, and office.
- Date of Level I Antiterrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP) training completed or when it will be completed prior to departure.