Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Vilnius, Lithuania (March 16, 2020)
The Government of Lithuania has implemented measures to combat the spread of COVID19. It has declared the country under quarantine until March 30. Entry to Lithuania is closed to all except Lithuanian citizens, residents, and those involved in commercial and/or international transportation of goods. In addition, all shops and local services will close with the exception of grocery stores, pharmacies, and emergency services. More detailed information on measures implemented by the Government of Lithuania can be found in English on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs webpage.
U.S. Government personnel are advised to minimize on-site staffing and are encouraged to practice social distancing.
There are currently no changes to American Citizens Services at the U.S. Embassy in Vilnius. If you would like to make an appointment to renew your passport or apply for your child’s Consular Report of Birth Abroad, please contact the embassy using the contact information below.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania’s webpage.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our webpage on COVID19 for information on conditions in Lithuania.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Vilnius, Lithuania +(370) (5) 266-5600
- Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(370) (5) 266 5500
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Lithuania Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.