*** Our messages have changed to weekly on Friday. The next message will be released on Friday, May 22, 2020. You can go to lt.usembassy.gov to see the past messages ***
The quarantine restrictions are slowly being lifted and travel is possible between the Baltic countries and Poland. There is new guidance on wearing a mask in public. Please check the Lithuanian website for further details.
Lufthansa flight from Vilnius to Frankfurt happened on May 13. This route is planned for three days a week (M, W, F) departing at 6:30 pm. A reminder that it will require an overnight in Frankfurt as flights to the United States (Washington DC or Newark) happen in the late morning or early afternoon.
As a repeat, no one is permitted to leave the transit area of the Frankfurt airport. For overnight layovers, there is one hotel in the transit zone, the My Cloud (+49-69-69030380, https://www.mycloud.de/en/home/). Please note this is a small hotel that is experiencing very high volume. The Embassy cannot guarantee availability of rooms or intervene on your behalf if the hotel is booked.
There is a charter flight going to Oslo or London over this weekend.
Enroll at https://step.state.gov/ .
For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please write or call (email@example.com ; +370-5-266-5600 during working hours 10-12, 14-16 Monday through Friday).
UPDATE ON FLIGHTS AND FERRIES: May 15 AND LATER
May 16 and 17:
Charter flights on Avion Express (Kidy Tour):
– X9601 departing Vilnius at 18:00 to Oslo on May 16.
– X9701 departing Vilnius at 18:10 to London on May 17.
Air Baltic flight BT344 departing to Riga at 14:05 on May 18.
Lufthansa flight LH897 departing to Frankfurt at 18:30 on May 18.
Listed below are the dates when the commercial airlines are anticipating on resuming the flights. Subject to change:
- May 18 – Air Baltic flights from Vilnius to Riga;*
- May 22 – Wizzair flights from Vilnius to multiple destinations;
- May 25 – Air Baltic flights from Vilnius to Tallinn;*
- May 28 – Turkish Airlines flights from Vilnius to Istanbul;
- June 1 – Belavia flights from Vilnius to Minsk;
- June 1 – LOT flights from Vilnius to Warsaw;
- June 1 – Brussels Airlines flights from Vilnius to Brussels;
- June 1 – Scandinavian Airlines flights from Vilnius to Stockholm and Copenhagen;
- June 8 – Austrian Airlines flights from Vilnius to Vienna;
- June 16 – Norwegian flights from Vilnius to Oslo;
- July 1 – Finnair flights from Vilnius to Helsinki;
- July 1 – Ryanair flights from Vilnius to multiple destinations;
- July 1 – Ukrainian Airlines flights from Vilnius to Kyiv;
- August 1 – Aeroflot flights from Vilnius to Moscow.
*Note – dates are confirmed by the airports.
- May 22 – Wizzair flight from Kaunas to multiple destinations;
- June 2 – LOT flight from Kaunas to Warsaw;
- June 17 – Norwegian flight from Kaunas to Oslo;
- July 1 – Ryanair flight from Kaunas to multiple destinations.
- May 23 – Wizzair flights from Palange to London Luton;
- June 1 – Scandinavian Airlines flight from Palanga to Copenhagen;
- June 9 – Air Baltic flight from Palanga to Riga;
- June 15 – Norwegian flight from Palanga to Oslo;
- July 1 – LOT flight from Palanga to Warsaw.
- July 4 – Ryanair flight from Palanga to London Stansted and Dublin
Klaipeda – Ferries
DFDS (https://www.dfds.com/en/) ferries are scheduled to continue to operate the following routes on May 16.
– DFDS ferry Klaipeda – Kiel, departing Klaipeda at 22:00.
– DFDS ferry Klaipeda – Karlshamn, departing Klaipeda at 20:00 and 21:00. Regular passengers are not allowed on the return route Karlshamn – Klaipeda.
Actions to Take:
- Check Government of Lithuania for the latest on COVID-19 preventative actions.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://lt.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in Lithuania.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Embassy Vilnius, Lithuania
Akmenu g. 6, Vilnius, Lithuania 03106
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444