*** Our messages have changed to weekly on Friday. The next message will be released on Friday, May 15, 2020. You can go to www.lt.usembassy.gov to see the past messages ***
The quarantine has been extended to May 31. Please check the Lithuanian website for further details on restrictions. It appears that commercial flights will be slowly returning to Lithuania starting next week.
We contacted Lufthansa and verified that they plan to resume flightsout of Vilnius to Frankfurtstarting May 13.Thereafter, they will fly this route three days a week (M, W, F) departing at 6:30 pm. It will require an overnight in Frankfurt as flights to the United States (Washington DC or Newark) happen in the late morning or early afternoon. There are further connections from those two U.S. entry locations to other cities like L.A. or Chicago. To transit Frankfurt, it is necessary to have the onward ticket to show the German authorities.
You will not be permitted to leave the transit area of the Frankfurt airport, no matter how long your layover may be. For overnight layovers, there is one hotel in the transit zone, the My Cloud (+49-69-69030380, https://www.mycloud.de/en/home/). Please note this is a small hotel that is experiencing very high volume. The Embassy cannot guarantee availability of rooms or intervene on your behalf if the hotel is booked. Lufthansa’s airport customer support number is +49-69-86-799-799.
Enroll at https://step.state.gov/ .
For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please write or call (firstname.lastname@example.org ; +370-5-266-5600 during working hours 10-12, 14-16 Monday through Friday).
UPDATE ON FLIGHTS AND FERRIES: May 8 AND LATER
- May 12 – Belavia flight from Vilnius to Minsk;
- May 13 – Lufthansa flight from Vilnius to Frankfurt
- May 13 – Air Baltic flight from Vilnius to Riga and other destinations;
- May 15 – Wizzair flight from Vilnius to multiple destinations;
- May 29 – Ryanair flight from Vilnius to multiple destinations;
- May 23 – Ukrainian Airlines flight from Vilnius to Kyiv;
- May 28 – Turkish Airlines flight from Vilnius to Istanbul;
- June 1 – LOT flight from Vilnius to Warsaw;
- June 1 – Austrian Airlines flight from Vilnius to Vienna;
- June 1 – Brussels Airlines flight from Vilnius to Brussels;
- June 1 – Scandinavian Airlines flight from Vilnius to Stockholm and Copenhagen
- June 16 – Norwegian flight from Vilnius to Oslo;
- July 1 – Finnair flight from Vilnius to Helsinki;
- Aug 1 – Aeroflot flight from Vilnius to Moscow.
- May 15 – Wizzair flight from Kaunas to multiple destinations;
- May 29 – Ryanair flight from Kaunas to multiple destinations;
- June 2 – LOT flight from Kaunas to Warsaw;
- June 17 – Norwegian flight from Kaunas to Oslo.
- May 16 – Wizzair flights from Palange to multiple destinations;
- May 30 – Ryanair flight from Palanga to London Stansted and Dublin;
- June 1 – Scandinavian Airlines flight from Palanga to Copenhagen;
- June 8 – Air Baltic flight from Palanga to Riga;
- June 15 – Norwegian flight from Palanga to Oslo;
- July 1 – LOT flight from Palanga to Warsaw.
Klaipeda – Ferries
- DFDS ferry Klaipeda – Kiel, departing Klaipeda at 22:00.
- DFDS ferry Klaipeda – Karlshamn, departing Klaipeda at 21:00
Actions to Take:
- Check Government of Lithuania for the latest on COVID-19 preventative actions.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://lt.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in Lithuania.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Embassy Vilnius, Lithuania
Akmenu g. 6, Vilnius, Lithuania 03106
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444