Lithuania – Travel Advisory Level lowered from Level 4 to a Level 3 – Reconsider Travel to Lithuania due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Lithuania due to COVID-19, indicating a high level of COVID-19 in the country. There are restrictions in place affecting U.S. citizen entry into Lithuania. Your risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe symptoms may be lower if you are fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized vaccine. Before planning any international travel, please review the CDC’s specific recommendations for fully vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers.
Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 and related restrictions and conditions in Lithuania.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Lithuania:
- See theS. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in theSmart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive travel alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebookand Twitter.
- Review theCrime and Safety Report for Lithuania.
- Have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.