More information about Lithuania is available from the Department of State and other sources, some of which are listed below:
- Human Rights Report
The Country Reports on Human Rights Practices are submitted annually by the U.S. Department of State to the U.S. Congress. The reports cover internationally recognized individual, civil, political, and worker rights, as set forth in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Human Rights Report on Lithuania: 2017
- Naujausia Žmogaus teisių situacijos Lietuvoje ataskaita: 2017 m. lietuviškai (neoficialus vertimas)
- International Religious Freedom Report
The International Religious Freedom Report describes the status of religious freedom in each foreign country, government policies violating religious belief and practices of groups, religious denominations, and individuals, and U.S. policies to promote religious freedom around the world. It is submitted in compliance with the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998.
- Trafficking in Persons Report
The Secretary of State submits the annual “Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act of 2000: Trafficking in Persons Report” to Congress. This report covers “severe forms of trafficking in persons” defined as:
“(a) sex trafficking in which a commercial sex act is induced by force, fraud, or coercion, or in which the person induced to perform such act has not attained 18 years of age; or (b) the recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision, or obtaining of a person for labor or services, through the use of force, fraud or coercion for the purpose of subjection to involuntary servitude, peonage, debt bondage, or slavery.”
- Trafficking in Persons Report on Lithuania: 2016 (PDF, 2.9MB)
- Trafficking in Persons Report on Lithuania: 2017 (PDF, 655KB)
- Trafficking in Persons Report on Lithuania: 2018 (PDF, 680KB)
- Prekybos Žmonėmis Ataskaita apie Lietuvą: 2018 lietuviškai (neoficialus vertimas) (PDF, 212KB)
- Civil Society Organizations Sustainability Index
USAID’s Civil Society Organization (CSO) Sustainability Index for Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Europe & Eurasia reports on the strength and overall viability of the NGO sector in these regions’ countries.
The Index measures the sustainability of each country’s CSO sector based on the CSOSI’s seven dimensions: legal environment, organizational capacity, financial viability, advocacy, service provision, infrastructure, and public image.
- Civil Society Organizations Sustainability Index on Lithuania 2016 (PDF, 3.3 MB)
- Latest Civil Society Organizations Sustainability Index on Lithuania 2017 (in Lithuanian) (PDF 403 KB)