Request for Proposals: All American Trivia League
The U.S. Embassy in Lithuania seeks proposals for a series of America-themed trivia contests to acquaint Lithuanians with America’s diverse culture and rich history, as well as to highlight the long-standing friendship between Lithuania and America. The project will run for two trivia league seasons (fall 2019 and spring 2020). The weekly trivia nights will be organized in multiple locations all over the country to educate a diverse group of Lithuanians about: American history and culture; America’s political, military, academic, economic achievements; and ties between the people of Lithuania and the people of the United States. The Embassy will consider proposals for up to $10,000 U.S. dollars received by May 15.
The two seasons of trivia nights (including multiple weeks of trivia contests in each location) will educate Lithuanians about American history and culture and the history of relations between our two countries. Proposals should specify whether the trivia contests will be organized as standalone weekly events, or incorporated into an existing trivia contest league. The winning teams will receive prizes to be determined in coordination with the U.S. Embassy.
Other information and additional requirements
- The grantee is responsible for organizing the trivia nights and preparing quiz questions that would expose diverse Lithuanian audiences to American history, its political, military, academic, economic achievements as well as ties in these areas between the people of Lithuania and the people of the United States.
- All the questions and related information for the trivia nights must be in Lithuanian, with English translations available.
- Embassy staff will review and approve all content before the events.
- Embassy staff will sometimes have question or theme suggestions, but your creativity is encouraged.
- Drafts for Embassy review must be provided in English.
- The project should start no later than September 15, 2019.
The following documents are required for applications from both organizations and individuals:
- Public Affairs Grant Proposal (PDF, 1.3MB) (form provided)
- U.S. Embassy Vilnius Grant Budget Spreadsheet (XLS, 890KB) (form provided)
- Budget narrative, explaining how the budget line-items will be used and what they will cover (applicant may provide this in any format, such as a Word or PDF document)
In addition to the required information in the template, your proposal should also include:
- A detailed project timeline, including periods for content review and consultation by the Embassy
- An outline of the format and organization of the series of trivia events leading to the determination of a winner team, either through calculation of total points throughout the season or a final event.
The deadline for application is May 15, 2019. Please send the forms to VilniusGrants@state.gov with “All American Trivia League” and the applicant organization’s name in the subject line.
All applicants will receive confirmation of the receipt of their proposal within one week of the submission date. If you do not receive such an email, please contact the Embassy at +370 5 2665494 to confirm your documents were received.
If a proposal is selected, the following additional forms are required:
- Grants for Individuals SF-424i
- Grants for Organizations SF-424
- Budget Information for Non-Construction programs, SF-424A
- Assurances for Non-Construction programs, SF-424B
- DUNS, NCAGE and SAM.gov registration
All forms can be found here on the right side of the page.
Additional information for applicants:
- Lithuanian and U.S. citizens may apply as individuals, but preference is generally given to projects proposed by organizations.
- Commercial companies or third country organizations and individuals (non-Lithuania and non-American) are not eligible for grants.