Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Vilnius, Lithuania received a bomb threat for today on August 9, 2022. The U.S. Embassy has resumed normal operations. Similar bomb threats have also been received by several Lithuanian government offices in Vilnius. Police report they have returned to normal operations.
Actions to Take:
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Monitor local media for updates.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Lithuania Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Lithuania, located at Akmenu 6, Vilnius, Lithuania LT-03106, at +(370) (5) 266-5600, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(370) (5) 266 5500.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).