**Returning to the United States on an Expired U.S. Passport** – If you are overseas and your passport expired on or after January 1, 2020, you may be able to use your expired passport to return directly to the United States until December 31, 2021. See this page for more information.
While passport applicants are welcome to fill out their applications in the Consular Section, we encourage our applicants to fill out and print their applications before coming for their appointment.
To make an appointment for U.S. citizen services, please click here.
If you wish you new passport to be sent to you by registered mail, please prepare a prepaid self-addressed envelope. For this go to www.post.lt and follow the instructions:
- Go to Savitarna (Selfservice) and create your profile.
- Choose Siųsti naują siuntą (Send new parcel).
- Choose iš Pašto – į Gavėjo adresu (from Post – to Recipients‘s address).
- Choose size S, weight 50 – 100 g (this is for 1-2 passports. If you are applying for 3 and more, choose bigger weight).
- Go next and enter Siuntėjas (sender‘s address), which will be our embassy address:
- Enter Gavėjo adresą (Recipient‘s address – this will be your address where you want to receive your documents.
- Amount shown is 1.33 euro. Choose it.
- Make on-line payment.
- Print the lable, put it on the envelope.
- Bring the envelope to us together with your passport application.